- 3 cups penne
- 2 1/2 cups Ragu Homestyle Thicky & Hearty Four Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated Romano
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 –1 1/2 cups sliced baby zucchini (1/4” thick)
- 3 rolls of crescent dough (sheets work best)
- Preheat oven to 350F, rack in the middle.
- Brush the inside of an 8” round springform pan with olive oil. Make sure your pan has a 3” high side. 8″ x 3″ Springform Pan
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water for 8 minutes. The pasta should be more than al dente. They will finish cooking in the oven. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the ricotta, oregano, salt, pepper, parsley, egg, Romano and 1/2 cup mozzarella until combined.
- Open up the crescent dough and line the bottom of the pan with the dough pressing down and up the sides. 2 rolls will cover the bottom and up the sides of an 8×3” springform pan. Extend the dough 1/2” inch over the top. Press any seams together.
- Spoon down 1/4 cup of the Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Four Cheese Sauce followed by half of the noodles and the cheese mixture.
- Next add 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella followed 1 cup of sauce, the rest of the noodles, zucchini, remaining sauce and mozzarella.
- Lastly, roll out the remaining roll of croissant dough so that it’s wide enough to cover the top of the pie. Roll up the edges that are from the base crust and pinch them to seal to the top crust.
- Taking a thin tipped knife, add a few steam slices in the top of the pie.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered. Then cover for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. The sides need to be firm.
- Remove the ring and slice. *if the sides are soft, put the oven to 450F, cover the top of the pie with foil and lightly spritz the sides with olive oil. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the sides are browned and firmer. This dish is best served warm to room temperature.
This is the pan I love and use! 8″ x 3″ Springform Pan