- 12 tablespoon butter, cubed, unsalted and room temperature (very important!)
- 12 ounces full fat cream cheese, room temperature (very important!)
- 3 cups plus 3 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole Vanilla Bean , split lengthways with seeds scraped
- 6 Xl eggs, room temperature
- 2 XL egg yolks, room temperature
- 360 grams cake flour (measured then SIFTED!) *see note (weigh it out – My favorite kitchen scale )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325F, rack in the middle.
- Butter and flour your Nordic Ware Classic Pound Cake and Angel Food Pan; set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the sifted cake flour and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Cream for 6 minutes until smooth.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add one egg in at a time allowing for it to incorporate before adding the next. Finish with the egg yolks last.
- Add in the vanilla extract and vanilla bean seeds.
- Turn the mixer off, remove the bowl from the mixer and slowly fold in the flour mixer. Do not use the stand mixer for this. You want to gently incorporate the flour but without creating excessive gluten.
- Pour the mixture into the pan ensuring that it’s evenly spread out in the pan and smooth. Tap the pan down on a board to ‘set’ the batter.
- Bake for 60-90 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean or just with a few crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and take a thin offset spatula and run it along the inside of the cake against the pan. Be sure your spatula does not scratch the pan.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a cooling rack.
- Re-run the spatula along the cake loosening it from the sides. Grab both sides of the pan and give it a gently shake side to side/up and down (GENTLE) to loosen the cake from all sides.
- Take a cooling rack, set it on top of the cake pan and in one swift motion, grasping the rack and pan turn them upside down thus flipping the cake over so it slowly pops out of the pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store covered in an air tight container.
I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY (get the picture) recommend you weigh this out! 360 grams cake flour is about 3 cups of cake flour but for accuracy grandma always weighed out her flour.
I have this scale at love it! It holds up to 11 pounds. My favorite kitchen scale