- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoon butter, unsalted and very soft (not melted)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 XL egg, room temp
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice bakery emulsion (or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pumpkin Spice Frosting
- 8 tablespoon butter, unsalted and room temp
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ powder
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, corn starch, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add in the butter and sugar beating until the mixture is light and fluffy. ~3 minutes.
- Next add in the egg.
- Add in the pumpkin spice bakery emulsion, pumpkin puree and sour cream and beat on low just until combined.
- Stop the mixer and add in the flour mixture.
- Mix until just combined. Do not over mix. The dough will be soft but not mushy. You want it almost moldable.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl, cover and chill for at least 2 hours though overnight is best.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, rack in the middle.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Using a small cookie scoop, make a ball about 1” round.
- Place the ball on the cookie sheet 1 1/2” apart.
- Slightly flatten the cookie.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are set but soft.
- Remove from the oven and place the cookie sheet on a cooling rack for 1 minute.
- After a minute remove the cookies from the pan and place directly on the rack.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add in the pumpkin puree and mix until blended.
- In a medium bowl sift together the confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the sugar mixture to the butter and very slowly mix to incorporate.
- Add in the heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.
- Frost the cooled cookies with the frosting then dip in sprinkles.
- Allow the frosting to harden before storing in an air tight container.