- 1 1/2 cups chopped and pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 packets Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Light Start™ Milk Chocolate Packets
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbl dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 Tbl fat free sweetened condensed milk or regular milk
- 3 Tbl chocolate whey protein isolate powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut
- In a food processor add all ingredients except the sweetened coconut and process until the mixture forms almost a thick paste stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary. You want to have some chunks of nuts so do not puree.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 Tbl of mixture and with damp hands, roll into a ball. Set aside and finish making more balls. You should get a little over 24 of these.
- In a clean food processor place the 1/4 sweetened coconut in it and pulse until the flakes are in small pieces. Transfer to a bowl.
- Roll each German Chocolate energy bite in the coconut pieces.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.