- 2 cups shredded zucchini, well drained
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 Tbl whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped – whites and greens
- 1 Tbl garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup AP or oat flour
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 1/2 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika *optional
- 1 Tbl butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt.
- Put 2 paper towels on top of the zucchini and a heavy plate on top of that. You want to weigh down the zucchini to get as much liquid out as possible. Let set out for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes press down one last time to remove the last bit of liquid from the zucchini.
- Remove the plate and paper towel from the zucchini and put the zucchini in a medium bowl.
- To the bowl add in the rest of the ingredients except the butter and olive oil.
- Gently mix to combine.
- Set aside while you place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and add in 1 Tbl of butter and olive oil.
- Once the butter start to foam (about a minute or two), using dampened hands (the mixture will stick to you if you don’t), scoop a 1/2 cup of mixture into the palm of your hand and gently shape into a burger all the while pressing together. The mixture should hold a burger shape. If it doesn’t add just a Tbl more of panko.
- Place in the oil and cook for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and a crust has formed on each side.
- Place a spatula underneath and carefully flip over (only flip these burgers once) cooking for an additional 4-6 minutes or until golden brown
These burgers can be eaten numerous ways. It’s great on a herbed bun, lettuce wrap, chopped up in a wilted arugula and spinach salad or topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.