- Six (6) 1” – 1 1/2″ thick-cut boneless pork chops
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon Montreal Chicken Seasoning (optional but it does add great flavor)
Oniony Mashed Potatoes
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into 1” cubes (skin on or off, your choice)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup pork, chicken or vegetable stock (can add 1 1/2 cups if you want more gravy)
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 3–4 tablespoon milk
- 3–4 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 teaspoon Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- Salt and pepper for taste
- In the bottom of an 8 qrt pressure cooker pot add in the potatoes, onions and stock.
- In a small bowl mix together the 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoon parsley, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder and 2 teaspoon Montreal Chicken Seasoning.
- Pat the chops dry and add them to a large plastic bag. Dump the spice rub over the chops, seal the bag and coat all sides of the chops with the seasoning.
- Take chops out of the bag and place on top of the potatoes. If there is extra seasoning in the bag, dump that in the pot too.
- Place the lid on, set the pressure to high and cook for 15 minutes. When the 15 minutes are up, do a natural release of 10 minutes then carefully release the rest of the pressure manually.
- Once pressure has released, take the chops out of the pot and place on a plate loosely tenting with foil.
- Remove the potatoes and onions from the pot and place in a large bowl. Leave the liquid in the pot as you’ll need that to make the gravy. Gently mash and add in the butter and milk. Adjust for taste.
- Set the pressure cooker to browning to make the gravy. In a small bowl whisk together the flour and cream to a slurry. Once the mixture starts to bubble whisk in the flour mixture. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add in the Montreal chicken seasoning, salt and pepper for taste.
- Plate the pork with the onion mashed potatoes and gravy.