- 1 16 ounce Best Pizza Dough
- 3 cups Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4–5 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10–12 pieces of prosciutto, roughly torn
- 1 1/2 cups gruyere crumbles *can use smoked gouda
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoon honey *optional
- Preheat oven to 400F, rack in the middle.
- On a rimmed baking sheet add the Brussels Sprouts. Drizzle 3 tablespoon olive oil over top then sprinkle on the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Use your hands to gently coat and toss the sprouts on the pan.
- Place the sprouts cut side down on the pan and roast for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, flip and place the pan back in the oven roasting for another 8-10 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Thirty minutes before baking (and the dough is ready), place a Pizza Stone on the lower third rack or invert a metal pan and place on the rack. *if using a Pizza Screen , do not preheat the screen!
- Raise the oven temp to 550F for 30 minutes.
- Stretch the dough into a round, thin crust (14-16” round), leaving the outer edge slightly thicker. If using the pizza stone or inverted pan, stretch out the dough and place on a flour dusted paddle. If you don’t have a paddle stretch out on a flour/corn meal dusted parchment paper.
- Drizzle the dough with the remaining 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Top with the prosciutto, roasted sprouts and cheese crumbles. Bake on the lower third rack for 7-8 minutes, open the oven door and move the pizza to the middle rack. Bake for another 3-4 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt slightly. I like my crust a little crispy so I go for the full 4 minutes.
- While the pizza is baking place the balsamic vinegar and honey in a pan over medium heat. Bring the pan to boil, stirring frequently and reduce the heat to low. Allow to reduce to a syrup (about 10 minutes). The liquid should coat the back of a spoon. Be careful however now to burn this or have the heat up too high. Remove from the heat, place in a glass container and allow to cool.
- When the pizza is done, remove from the oven and place on a pizza pan or a large cutting board. Cut the pizza and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
- Serving Size: 1 slice, 8-10 cuts