- 3 1/4 cups Mini Pretzels, crushed to 2 cups
- 8 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 12 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
- 8 tablespoon butter – chilled and unsalted
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup melted milk chocolate, cooled but spreadable
Chewy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Topping
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Popcorn, popped (about 5 cups)
- 7 ounces marshmallow topping
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Melted chocolate for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two 8×8 baking dishes (or can use a 9×13” pan) with parchment paper leaving a 1” overhang.
Make the crust:
- In a bowl melt together the butter and peanut butter. Add in the crushed pretzels and brown sugar. Mix until coated and well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottoms of both pans.
Make the cookie dough:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
- Press the cookie dough mixture on top of the pretzel crusts in both pans.
- Bake for 20-27 minutes or until the cookie dough is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan.
- While the bars are cooling spread out the melted chocolate over top of both cookies.
Make the Peanut Butter Marshmallow Topping:
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl (removing any kernels that didn’t pop). In a medium sauce pan add the butter, marshmallow topping, peanut butter and corn syrup and heat over medium heat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and gently mix coating all pieces.
- Place spoonfuls of the popcorn topping on top of the cookie pressing it into the melted chocolate.
- Once cooled drizzle the melted chocolate over top and cut into bars. Store in an air tight container.