- 8 drumsticks (~3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbl grape jelly
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 chipotle powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbl brown sugar
BBQ Jelly Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups grape jelly
- 1 1/4 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder or chili powder
Make the BBQ Jelly sauce:
- Add all of the BBQ Jelly sauce ingredients to a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk to combine. Bring to a low boil and reduce to a simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes for a thin sauce, 1 hour for a thicker sauce. Set aside.
Make the Chicken:
- In a bowl whisk together the stock, 3 Tbl grape jelly, salt, pepper, chipotle powder, paprika and brown sugar.
- Place the drumsticks in the pressure cooker and pour the mixture over top.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes do a quick release.
- While the drumsticks are cooking, turn on the broiler, rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack in the pan *Note only do the broiler part if you want a crispy skin.
- When the drumsticks are done, remove them from the pressure cooker and place them on the cooling rack lined pan. If you didn’t want to broil them you could just baste the chicken in the bbq sauce and eat.
- For a crispy skin, brush one side with bbq sauce and broil for 5-8 minutes or until the bbq sauces starts to caramelize and the skin becomes crisp.
- Remove from the oven and brush the other side with bbq sauce and broil again for 5-8 minutes.
- Once the drumsticks are bbq sauced up and caramelized, remove from the oven.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.