- 8 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar (you want a really good quality one)
- 3/4 cup honey, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Unfold the folding proofer and set it up to a ready-to-use position. On a platter, pat the thighs dry and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper on the chicken and place them in the bottom of a large heavy bottom lidded dutch oven.
- Mix together the vinegar, 1/2 cup of the honey, garlic, minced onion remaining salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Place the large pot onto the metal bottom of the folding proofer. Cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and then place the folding proofer lid on top to close. Press the slow cooker button and set the temperature to 195F.
- Let this cook undisturbed for 8 hours. Do not remove the lids or peak.
- When 8 hours is up, remove the pot from the folding proofer (use pot holders) and place the pot on top of the stove. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack inside. Remove the chicken carefully and place it on top of the cooling rack.
- Once the chicken is removed, turn the heat on for the pan to medium high and bring the mixture to a rolling boil stirring/scraping the bottom to prevent burning. Once it boils add in the rest of the honey (1/4 cup, parsley and red pepper flakes). Reduce the liquid to about half and thicken it up. *Note it will thicken up upon cooling into a smooth syrup.
- While the glaze is reducing, turn the oven broiler on to high and place the chicken in the oven to crisp up the skin ~5-8 minutes.
- Once crisp, remove the chicken from the oven and drizzle some of the glaze on top prior to serving.