- 4 Slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Hearty White Bread
- 6 slices Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat
- 3 teaspoon Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded gruyere
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup prepared bechamel sauce, warmed *see note
- Preheat the oven to broil, rack in the middle.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack in it. Place 4 slices of Farmhouse™ Hearty White Bread on the rack and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven, remove 2 slices of bread from the tray and flip the other 2 slices over (broiled side facing down). On the 2 pieces of bread on the tray place 3 slices of Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat. Evenly divide the shredded cheese and place on top of the ham.
- Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- While the cheese is melting spread 1 1/2 teaspoon of Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise on the 2 other slices of bread.
- When the cheese is melted, remove it from the oven and place the bread with the Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise side facing down on top of the melted cheese.
- Evenly pour/spread the warmed bechamel over top of the bread.
- Pop this back in the oven and broil for another 1-2 minutes just until the bechamel starts to bubble. ~1-2 minutes.
- While the bechamel is broiling cook the eggs in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the whites are set and the yolk is still runny.
- Remove the bread from the oven and place the dippy eggs on top.
- Serve immediately.
If you want you can make homemade bechamel:
2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
2 tablespoon flour
1 1/4 cup of milk
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of fresh grated nutmeg
1. In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. When the butter begins to foam add in the flour and whisk to combine. Cook for 5 minutes whisking often.
2. Slowly pour in the milk a little at the time whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Once the milk is all poured in, reduce the heat to medium low and whisk until the sauce thickens. ~5-7 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and add in the salt, pepper and nutmeg stirring to combine.