- 2lb flank steak, ~1” thick
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbl garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large onion, sliced and sauteed
- 2 bell peppers, sliced and sauteed
- In a bowl whisk together all of the ingredients except the steak.
- Place the steak in either a plastic sealable bag or a large, flat glass container that has a lid, pour over the liquid, cover/seal and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours – I tend to go overnight (~12-14 hours).
- When you’re ready to cook, remove the steak from the container (discard the liquid), place the steak on a broiler pan or a rimmed baking sheet (lined with foil) with a cooling rack in it.
- Place the oven rack a few inches from the broiler and set to high. Broil for 5-7 minutes each side. 5 minutes each side will give a medium-medium rare. I prefer about 7 minutes each side with just some pink in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and allow the steak to rest 10 minutes before slicing. Slice it very thinly against the grain.
- Serve with the sauteed vegggies and Chimichurri Sauce
– Serve this with my Chimichurri Sauce!
– To cook the onions and peppers, simply slice up and sautee in about 1-2 Tbl olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic pepper and 1/2 tsp pepper. Cook over med-low heat until soft and translucent.