- 1 pound firm flesh, white fish cut into 1” by 3” strips, patted dry
- 1 large egg plus 1 Tbl water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs – Regular Panko or Gluten Free Panko
- 1 tsp parsley
- Olive oil for misting
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400F, rack in the middle. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack inside. Spray the cooling rack with cooking spray and set aside.
- Set up a station with 3 pie plates. In the first pie plate, mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder together. In the 2nd pie place beat together the egg and water until frothy. In the 3rd pie plate mix together the bread crumbs and the parsley.
- Creating an assembly line, dredge the fish stick in the flour, shaking off the excess. Next, dip it in the egg mixture coating all sides letting the excess drip off. Lastly, place the stick in the breadcrumb and gently press to coat evenly. Place the stick on the coated cooling rack. Repeat until all are coated and on the rack.
- Mist all of the sticks with olive oil and bake for 6 minutes. Pull the pan from the oven and carefully flip. Mist again with olive oil and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, plate and squeeze some lemon over top prior to serving.