- 2 bagels, sliced in half
- 2 large eggs
- 6 slices, thick cut applewood bacon (or bacon of choice)
- 1/2 of an avocado (about 8 slices)
- 4–6 tablespoon Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Spread *though you can add as much as you’d like
- In a cold 12″ round medium skillet add the bacon and turn the heat to medium. Cook the bacon for about 8-10 minutes per side, flipping once. Once cooked, remove from the pan and place on a papertowel lined plate to drain. If baking the bacon, see notes.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoon of the bacon grease (save the grease in a small jar and store in the fridge!). If you want picture perfect eggs, remove all of the bacon grease, clean the pan and add about 2 tablespoon of canola oil to the pan
- With the pan over medium heat crack both eggs into the pan far enough apart that they don’t touch. If they do just use a spatula to help break the egg connection.
- While the eggs are cooking, place the bagels in the toaster and turn it on. Set it to your desired ‘doneness’.
- As the eggs are cooking, use a spoon to help ‘spoon’ the grease/oil over the whites of the eggs. Do not get the grease over the yolks else you won’t get a beautiful sunny-side up look. Once the whites are set (not jiggly) then you can spoon a little grease over the yolks. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the whites are set.
- When the bagel is done, start assembling the bagelwich. On both cut sides of the bagel evenly divide the Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Spread.
- On the bottom half of the bagel add the sliced avocado, 3 strips of the bacon per bagelwich and top with the sunny side up egg.
- Place the tops of the bagels on top and enjoy!
To bake your bacon, preheat the oven to 375 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place the bacon on the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes per side or until crisp. Remember, bacon will crisp up more upon cooling. Drain on papertowels.