- 1 lb ground chicken *see note
- 1 12-ounce bag Goetze’s Caramel Creams®
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 slices cooked, thick-cut Applewood bacon with 2 tablespoon drippings reserved
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots *see note
- 1–2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 slices sharp cheddar
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, divided
- 6 brioche hamburger buns
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add 30 unwrapped Goetze’s Caramel Creams®, 1/8 cup low sodium soy sauce, and the heavy cream. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from the heat, pour into a bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium non-stick pan over medium heat, add the 2 tablespoon of bacon drippings and shallots. Stirring occasionally, cook for 6-8 minutes or until translucent and tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Take one of the apples, remove the skin and chop into small chunks. Remove 1/2 cup of the apple pieces and save the rest of the apple for another use. In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, 1/3 cup soy Caramel Creams® caramel sauce, cooked shallots, salt, pepper, and the 1/2 cup apple pieces. Combine the burger mixture well to evenly distribute the flavors.
- In a large non-stick pan, add the olive oil (or fire up the grill and brush with oil) over medium-high heat.
- With damp hands, divide the mixture into 6 portions, form the patties and place them into the hot pan (or prepared grill). Cook for 6-8 minutes per side, flipping once. Burgers are done with the internal temperature is 165F. In the last 1-2 minutes of cooking the burger add 2 slices of sharp cheddar and allow to melt.
- While the burgers are cooking take your remaining apple and slice six 1/4” round slices (removing any middle core).
- To assemble place your bun bottoms down first, add a small handful of fresh arugula on top. Next, add 1 slice of bacon per bun, top with the caramel infused apple cheddar burger, a slice of apple and spoon 2-3 tablespoon of the remaining soy Caramel Creams® caramel sauce over top. Place the burger bun top on and enjoy!
Note 1 – If you don’t have chicken you can use ground beef (80/20) or ground turkey.
Note 2 – If you don’t have shallots, you can use sweet onions