Caramel Sweet Potato Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 – 12-ounce bag Goetze’s Caramel Apple Creams®
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp basil
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- I cup roasted sweet potato (about 1 large potato)
- 3/4–1 cup water
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, patted dry
- 1 Tbl cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
Pizza and Toppings
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1–2 pears, peeled and cubed
- Olive oil
- 4–10” round Prepared Flatbread or Naan pizza shells
- Red Pepper flakes
- Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F, rack in the middle. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil and place a cooling rack inside.
- In a bowl, mix the seasonings for the pork. Coat the pork on all sides with the herb mixture, place the pork on the pan and roast for 40-50 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 145F. Remove from the oven and loosely tent. Reduce the heat on the oven to 400F.
- While the pork is roasting, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan over low heat, add the cream and 20 Caramel Apple Creams® (save the rest for snacking!). Stir until melted and creamy. Add in the potato, sauce seasonings and 3/4 cup of water. Stir gently to combine.
- Using an immersion blender (or pour into a stand blender) mix the ingredients until smooth, creamy and spreadable. If it is too thick, add a bit more water. The mixture should not be runny but should spread out easily like pizza sauce. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
- Peel the pears and chop into 1/2” chunks. Next slice the pork into 1/4” slices.
- To assemble the pizza, place the flatbread or naan shells onto a pizza screen or baking sheet. Top the pizzas with a 1/4 cup off prepared sauce spreading it about to 1/2” from the edge.
- Top with slices of pork, chunks of pear, and feta. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the crust is slightly crispy and the feta has softened.
- Remove from the oven, plate and top with fresh arugula, red pepper flakes, fresh black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.