- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoon unsalted melted butter; divided
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut each potato in half then each half into quarters lengthwise to get spears. If the potatoes are huge, cut each half into fifths. Each spear should be no bigger than 3/4” of an inch at its thickest point. Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl of ice water. Allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line 1-2 rimmed baking trays with foil; set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the ice water, pat dry. Place the potatoes into a bowl, pour in 1/4 cup of the melted butter and salt over top; toss to combine. Pour the potatoes onto the pan(s) in a single layer. Place them skin-side down.
- Roast for 35 minutes. While the potatoes are cooking, mix brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Remove the potatoes from the oven; gently push the potatoes around so they do not stick. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over top; reserving 2 tablespoon of mixture.
- Roast for another 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and plate. Mix together the 3tablespoon melted butter and reserved brown sugar mixture in a small sauce pan until melted. Pour the mixture over the potatoes.