- 3 cups pitted fresh cherries
- 2 Tbl lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbl corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp butter, unsalted *optional
- Add all of the ingredients (except the butter)to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and continue to stir. The mixture will be clumpy at first but keep stirring gently.
- Cook for about 15 min or until the mixtures becomes thick and the cherries have softened. If the mixture gets too thick add a Tbl or so more water.
- If the mixture starts to foam, add the butter and stir.
- Once desired thickness is achieved, put the mixture in a container. Allow to cool then cover and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Folks, this Cherry Pitter is a GOD SEND when it comes to pitting cherries! I HIGHLY recommend it!