- 1 14.5 ounce can Redpack Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1 19 ounce bag, cooked cheese tortellini (cooked per package’s instructions)
- 4–5 cups spinach (loosely packed)
- 1 10-12 ounce jar whole artichoke hearts (water based), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups grated Grana Padano cheese, divided
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil begins to shimmer add in the shallots and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until translucent. Add in the Redpack Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano plus the spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the spinach begins to wilt.
- While the spinach is wilting, cut the artichoke hearts in half (or quarters if they are large). Once the spinach has started to wilt, add in artichoke hearts and gently stir to combine; cook for 2 minutes. Add in the salt, 1 tsp of pepper and red pepper flakes; stir.
- Add in the half and half; stir. Once it begins to bubble around the edges, add 1/2 cup of the cheese and stir until incorporated. Once melted in, add another 1/2 cup of cheese and stir.
- Add in the cooked cheese tortellini; gently stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium low and allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, stir, taste for seasonings (add rest of pepper if desired) and serve.