- 8 Tbl butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels (measure after you crush them) – do not make into a powder; just make into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup cookie butter or peanut butter (or go 1/3 cup of each! To go CRAZY!)
- 8 Tbl butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil leaving a 1” overhang. Butter the foil and set aside.
- To make the crust, add the 8 Tbl of butter to a double boiler. Once the butter has melted whisk in the cocoa and sugar until smooth. Temper the egg by adding a little bit of the chocolate mixture to the egg whisking constantly. Once whisked in, add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and whisk until thick and shiny. This will take ~3-4 minutes; do not stop whisking.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler and add in the pretzels working quickly to stir in. Pour the mixture into the lined pan; spread out evenly and press down.
- Spread out the raspberry preserves on top and place the pan into the freezer to set for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling, make the Crazy filling by whipping together the 8 Tbl of butter with the cookie butter/peanut butter/both mixture until creamy. Add in the confectioners’ sugar and whip until light and fluffy. Remove the crust from the freezer and gently spread out the ‘butter’ filling on top of the preserves. Drop small dollops on and slowly spread out. *To spread it out more easily, wet your fingertips and gently dab the filling into place. Place the pan into the freezer while you make the ganache
- Place the chopped chocolate in a large glass bowl; set aside. Put the cream into a pot over medium-low heat until it starts to boil around the edges, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Allow the mixture to sit undisturbed for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk or stir to smooth out and incorporate.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, pour the ganache over top of the crazy filling and smooth out. Place the pan, uncovered, in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- To serve, lift the bars out the pan with the foil and using a warm, sharp knife, cut. Store any leftovers in the fridge, covered.