- 1 large sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tbl unsalted butter
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5–6 cups Ultimate Pressure Cooker BBQ Coke Pulled Pork, warmed up
- 1/2 cup Lip-Smackin’ Coke BBQ Coke or any tangy bbq sauce, warmed
- 1 16 ounce back of crispy tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded cheddar (not sharp)
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack
- 2 green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil and butter. When the butter begins to melt add in the onions slices. Gently stir the onions around to coat. After 5 minutes, sprinkle with the salt and continue to cook until the onions turn soft and start to take on a golden brown color.. Turn the heat off and set aside. Do not burn them. If they start to burn, turn the heat down. Stir frequently. ~20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread half of the chips in a single layer over the baking sheet.
- Top with half of the pulled pork, half of the cooked onions, 1 1/2 cups of cheddar and 1 1/2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of the Coke BBQ sauce over top.
- Create another layer of chips, top with the remaining pulled pork, onions, bbq sauce then cheese.8-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chips are golden brown.
- Top with green onions and serve immediately.