- 2 heads of Tanimura & Antle® Artisan Romaine, leaves washed and dried
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed small (1/2”)
- 2 ears fresh corn, corn cut from the cob
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts *optional
- 3 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400F, rack in the middle. Line 2 medium sized rimmed baking pans with foil. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the chipotle powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place the cubed potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoon of oil, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the mixture on top. Using clean hands, gently toss/mix the potatoes to season all sides. Make sure the potatoes are in a single layer. If making chicken, place the chicken on the second pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of seasoning between both breasts.
- Place the pan(s) in the oven. Remove the pan of potatoes after 15 minutes. Add the corn kernels on top of the potatoes, sprinkle on 1 more teaspoon of seasoning, stir together, then put the pan back into the oven to bake for another 10 minutes.
- At the 25 check the chicken and to the potatoes add the black beans, stir and bake for 5 more minutes. The chicken should read 165F. If done, remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes. Got it? Potatoes are in for a total for 30 minutes; chicken a minimum of 25 (depending on how thick they are).
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and transfer the ingredients, juices and all to a large bowl. Carve the chicken up into small pieces and to transfer that (and the juices) the potato bowl). Add in the last tablespoon of oil, cilantro and (after tasting for seasoning) additional chipotle mixture. Gently stir.
- To make the tacos, remove the Artisan Romaine leaves, trim the end slightly (you want it to be firm as that will act as your ‘handle’. Fill each leaf with a few tablespoon of the mixture. Top with salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream and avocado.