- 1 head Tanimura & Antle® Broccoli
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4–1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Cut up the broccoli into bite-sized florets. For the stalks, peel and cut into 1/4” round disks. Place 1 cup of cold water into the bowl of your pressure cooker. Add the broccoli florets and stem pieces to a steamer basket. Set the PC to “Steam” or “HIGH” for 0 (zero) minutes. Perform a QR (quick release). See notes on how to steam without a pressure cooker
- While the pressure cooker is heating up, place the butter in a large skillet set to medium heat. Cook the butter until it starts to foam. Add in the pecans and stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the butter turns golden and the nuts begin to smell warm and ‘nutty”. Stir the pecans and butter frequently to prevent burning. Remove from the heat.
- Plate the broccoli on a platter, sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Spoon over the browned butter and pecans on top of the broccoli. Top with pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
To steam without a Pressure Cooker follow these stove top directions:
- Fill a large pot with 3/4-1″ of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the cut up broccoli into a steamer basket, set the pan into the boiling water pot, cover and reduce heat to medium cook for 5-6 minutes. If easily pieracble with a knife, remove and serve. If you do not have a steamer basket you can place the broccoli pieces directly into the water and continue cooking. The steamer basket method allows the broccoli from not getting boiled.