- 10 ounce box couscous
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound campari tomatoes, halved (or whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1/2” rounds
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper, each
Jarred Roasted Veggies
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped (about 1–2 peppers), reserve 1/4 cup liquid
- 8 ounce jar, drained roasted artichoke hearts, cut in haf *if not roasted, do NOT cut them. Just add them to your tray of roasted veggies and cut when they are done.
- 4 ounces pearl mozzarella, drained (you want fresh mozzarella pieces)
- 1/4 cup grated Grana Padano (or fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- 2–3 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- kosher salt/black pepper for taste
- 10–12 fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
Roast the veggies
- Preheat the oven to 400F, line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; set aside.
- In a bowl add the zucchini, tomatoes, and artichokes (if not already roasted). Add in the oil, salt and pepper and gently mix. Place the veggies on the pan in a single layer. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies have turned soft but still have a slight firmness to them.
Make the couscous
- In a large sauce pot add the stock and bring to a boil. Once it’s to a boil add the couscous and salt. Stir, cover and remove the pot from the heat. Allow to sit untouched for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the couscous and gently fluff with the fork. Next add in all of the roasted veggies plus any liquid on the tray. Gently stir. Add in the cheeses, lemon juice, oil, red pepper flakes. Stir and taste. If needed add in additional salt and pepper for taste. If it seems too dry add in the reserved roasted pepper liquid and stir. Taste for seasoning.