- 1 recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Barbacoa
- 1 jar picante sauce or salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1–2 ears of corn kernels (charred) *can you use 1 can drained Mexican corn
- 1–15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–2 cups shredded cheddar or cheese of choice
- 15–20 10″ soft flour tortillas
- To the chicken barbacoa add the beans, corn and additional cilantro; stir to combine.
- To one soft flour tortilla, in the lower third of the tortilla add 2 tsp of cheese in a horizontal line leaving 1″ gap on each side of the tortilla. On top of that add 2 tsp of picante. Next, add 2-3 Tbl of the chicken mixture.
- To roll grab each side and fold in, and over, the filling (the sides should not touch). Next, grab the bottom of the tortilla (side closest to you) and fold that up, and over top of the filling, tucking the sides in. Roll until the seam is on the bottom. No filling should be exposed. Set aside and finish with the rest of the tortillas.
- Double wrap each one in plastic wrap then place in a freezer-safe container.
- To reheat you can thaw each one (wrapped) in the fridge overnight and then place in a pre-heated 350F oven on a foiled and sprayed pan for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. If heating directly from the freezer, unwrap, place on foiled and sprayed pay and bake for 15-25 minutes or until heated through.
- For a crispier tortilla, lightly spray with olive oil and broil for about 30 seconds.
If you have extra chicken barbacoa left over after making your freezer burritos, you can freeze that for another meal.