Mexican Lime Rice
Rest of the ingredients
- 4 cups of Salsa Fresca
- 1 ear of corn, charred/grilled and kernels cut off
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- minced jalapeno (*optional)
- Crumbled Cojita (to your liking)
Make the rice
- After cooking my Instant Pot Wild Grain Blend Rice recipe, drain the water, fluff it up and add in the rest of the rice ingredients. Taste for seasoning
Make the beans
- To a pot add over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted add in the shallots; cook just till they soften. Next add in the beans, cumin, lime juice, jalapenos (if using) and salt. Mix to combine and heat just until warmed. Once warmed remove from the heat, add in the cilantro and set aside.
Make the bowls
- To each bowl add 1 cup of the rice. Add 1 cup of the salsa fresca, followed by a sprinkling of the corn, seasoned beans and finished off with crumbled Cotija.
- To use for meal prep, add the rice, beans, and corn to each container leaving the salsa fresca and cotija off. Just heat up the rice bowl and then add the rest of the ingredients. You want that warm/cold contrast!
- For other rice cooking times, here’s a great breakdown for the stovetop!
- Want it keto? Used rice veggies and replace the black beans with black soy beans!