- 2 1/2 pounds Side Delights white potatoes, peel and cubed
- 40 ounces bread cubes (or almost 2 loaves of potato bread, cubed)
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/3 cup celery (leaves as well), minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- ~2 cups of milk (possibly a tad more)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- cold water to cover the potatoes (*or cold stock)
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large pot, add the cubed potatoes and add enough cold water to cover *can use stock in lieu of water. Cook until fork tender. DO NOT DRAIN!
- Mash the potatoes in with the hot liquid. To the pot add in the bread cubes, onion, celery, parsley, and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Next, add in the eggs and milk. Stir to combine. Keep stirring as you do not want it to cook/curdle the eggs. Add in the salt and pepper. The mixture should be soupy. If it is not, add more milk til soupy.
- Place in a large buttered casserole or roaster pan. Cover and bake for ~90 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the filling begins to dry out, add more milk or stock.
- *Optional – the last 10-15 minutes of baking, remove the cover and bake just to toast up the tops. Add more liquid if needed.
- The mixture will be done when it’s no longer soup but more like a stuffing/dressing texture.
- Serve immediately.