- 5 large garlic heads (or use as many as you wish)
- Extra virgin olive oil (about 5 Tbl)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take each head (or bulb) and turn it on its side. Using a sharp kitchen knife, cut off the top of the bulb. You want to expose just the top of the cloves.
- Place the cut bulbs in the tinfoil, cut side up sitting in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle each bulb with 1 Tbl of extra virgin olive oil over the top of the cut cloves. Sprinkle on the red pepper flakes, add in the sprigs of fresh thyme and wrap it up.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes, checking every 5 minutes (after the 30-minute mark). The cloves should pierce easily with a sharp knife.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool to touch and use immediately or see the notes and post about storing the cloves.
Storing your roasted garlic
- Read above how to store it in the fridge as well as the freezer.