- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel nuggets
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 XL egg white plus 1 tablespoon water *see note to make them vegan
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment.
- In a small bowl mix together the 2 sugars and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat the egg white and water together until frothy. To a large bowl add the pretzels and pecans along with the egg mixture. Stir to coat evenly. Add in the sugar mixture and stir to coat.
- Pour the mixture out onto the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway, until the sugars have caramelized and started to brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven, cool on the pan for 10 minutes and using a heat-safe spatula gently sir/help break up any clusters. Allow to cool completely on the pan (~an hour) before storing in an airtight container.
To make vegan use 3 tablespoon Aquafaba in place of the egg mixture.