Graham Cracker Layer
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (9 full graham crackers) or 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoon melted, unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, full fat and room temperature
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream or vanilla greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, unsalted
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the blueberries, lemon juice, and granulated sugar. Give it a gentle stir. When the mixture starts to bubble around the edges, turn the heat to low, stirring often. The mixture will start to bubble more and foam up. When it starts to foam, add in the 1/2 teaspoon of butter and stir in.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is thickened. You should end up with about a 1 cup of cup of blueberry filling.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow it to cool completely. *To speed up the process, add the bowl to the fridge for about 30 minutes or so.
Graham Cracker Layer
- In a bowl add the crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix with a rubber spatula until the mixture is thick, coarse, and sandy. You want it to just slightly make crumbles.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and creamy.
- Shut off the mixer and add in the confectioners’ sugar then slowly turn the mixer on gradually mixing until it is mixed in.
- Shut the mixer off and scrape down the sides. Turn the mixer back on to medium and slowly add in the cream and vanilla.
- Whip until light and creamy.
- Fill 4-6 * eight-ounce decorative glasses with 4-5 tablespoons of graham cracker filling. With the back of a spoon or spatula, gently push the filling down. At this point, you can keep it loose and crumbly or pack it down firmly. Add a layer of cheesecake (about 3 tablespoons), a layer of blueberry filling (~2 tablespoons).
- Evenly divide the rest of the graham cracker crumbs gently pressing down. Add the cheesecake filling and then the blueberry filling.
- Loosely cover and chill for at least 3 hours prior to serving.
These are DOUBLE layer parfaits. To cut calories you could just do a single layer and make 8-12 single parfaits.
Total time does not include the chilling of the blueberry reduction or the cheesecake