- 1 1/2 cups wild rice blend
- 3 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 3/4 cup heavy cream/milk
- 1 1/2 tsp each kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 2–3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbl butter, unsalted
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350F, rack in the middle. Spray the Emile Henry 13×9 Rectangular Baker with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To the bottom of the baker, add the rice in an even layer. Use a 1/3rd each of the salt and pepper and sprinkle over the rice. In a bowl, whisk together the stock and cream/milk and pour over the rice. Next add the broccoli, cubed cheese and butter. Sprinkle with another 1/3rd of the salt and pepper over top. Lay the chicken on top, sprinkle with the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, carefully remove the cover and check the temp of the chicken. Chicken (it should be 165F).
- Remove the chicken and set aside. Gently fluff/stir the rice with a fork. If adding the additional cheese, add the chicken back on top, sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar and bake until the cheese is melted ~10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, plate the chicken, re-fluff the rice and plate the rice.