- 1 1/2 lb salmon filets, patted dry
- 3 Tbl olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 1 Tbl fresh lemon juice plus lemon slices for garnish
- 1 Tbl Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- 2 Tbl fresh parsley minced (1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (1/2 tsp)
- 1 lb yellow potatoes, skin on and cubed
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Add the cubed potatoes to one side of the pan and the carrots in the middle. To a bowl add the potatoes, 1 Tbl oil, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper; mix to coat evenly. Place to one side of the pan in an even layer. In the same bowl add the carrots, 1 Tbl oil and 1/2 tsp of salt; mix to coat evenly and place next to the potatoes. Bake for 35 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, make the glaze. To a bowl add 1 Tbl oil, rest of the salt, pepper, lemon juice, Dijon, whole grain mustard, garlic, parsley and thyme. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- When the 35 minutes is up, remove the pan from the oven and place the salmon filets, skin-side down. Spread on half of the lemon Dijon glaze over the salmon and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven, add the rest of the glaze over top of the salmon (and carrots if desired) and bake for another 3-5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the fat has rendered.