- 546 grams Tipo 00 flour or high gluten bread flour
- 406 grams of cool water
- 5 grams (1 1/2) tsp instant yeast (or active dry yeast)
- 12 grams of olive oil
- 10 grams of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1–2 packages of Hormel® Pepperoni Cup N’ Crisp
- 5–6 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
To make the pizza dough
- In a large bowl, add the flour and make a big well in the middle. Pour all the water into the well leaving the side intact. Sprinkle the yeast over the water.
- Form a claw with your hand and stir the yeast and water mixture, slowly incorporating the flour into the wet mixture and creating a thicker paste (think thick pancake batter). Slowly start to draw in a little bit of flour from the walls of the well until you have a shaggy dough.
- Next, drizzle in the olive oil and mix until you have a thick dough. once all of the oil is incorporated, add the salt and knead to bring the dough combined.
- Flip the dough out onto a very lightly floured board and knead, using the shagging bits of dough to help make a dough ball. The dough should be all incorporated and semi-smooth. Place your mixing bowl on top of the dough, covering it, and let it rest for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, your dough will have a shiny, more relaxed look and feel to it.
- Place the dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. If using that day, place the dough in a warm, dry place and allow to proof until doubled in size.
Pan the Dough
- At least four hours before baking, spread out 2-3 Tbl of canola oil in a rimmed 12×16” pizza pan (or half sheet pan). Place your cold dough in the middle of the pan. *If using Same-day dough, 1 hour prior to baking, add the warm dough to the oiled pan.
- Using your fingertips, dimple out the cold dough stretching it gently to the edges of the pan. DO NOT FORCE IT. Cover the pan with lightly sprayed plastic wrap and allow to rest 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, uncover, gently stretch the dough to the ends and cover again. Repeat the dimpling/stretch 3-4 more times. *Same-day dough may not need additional stretching. Once the dough covers the entire pan, cover and allow to rest for 1-2 hours or until it puffs up slightly. *Same-day dough may only need 30 minutes or less.
Whipped Ricotta Topping
- In a food processor, pulse together the ricotta, mascarpone, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Place into a piping bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Dress the Pizza
- Uncover the pizza dough and spread out the pizza sauce within 1/4” of the crust edge. Spread the cheese over evenly and add the Hormel Pepperoni Cup N’ Crisp over top the cheese. Bake per the preferred cooking method
Wood-Fired Oven Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 725C with a constant fire/flame.
- Place the pan pizza into the oven opposite of the embers. After 30 seconds to 1 minute, carefully rotate the pan. Repeat until the pizza dough is puffed, cooked through, the cheese is melted and the Hormel Pepperoni Cup N’ Crisp have formed perfect Ronicups.~3-5 minutes
- Remove from the pizza from the oven and add the optional basil and whipped ricotta topping. Slice and serve.
Conventional Home Oven
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Place one rack on the lower third of your oven. On that place a pizza stone. It’s recommended you use 2 when you bake pizza. Place another rack on the upper ledge and place the 2nd pizza stone there.
- Place the prepared pizza to the bottom pizza stone and bake for 15-20 minutes rotating halfway through, the cheese is melted and the Hormel Pepperoni Cup N’ Crisp have formed perfect Ronicups.
- Remove from the oven and add the optional basil and whipped ricotta topping. Slice and serve.
*Prep time does not include pizza dough fermentation or proofing times