- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Xl egg
- 1 Xl egg yolk
- 1 tsp chocolate extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup dutch processed cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 Tbl butter, unsalted and melted
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup marshmallow bits
- ~8 regular-sized marshmallows
- Place the fresh regular marshmallows in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the egg, egg yolk, and brown sugar. Beat until light and creamy. Add in the chocolate extract and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, add the flour, hot chocolate mix, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and mix until almost fully incorporated. If desired, you can use a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to combine. Or, just use a spatula. Add in the melted butter, mix to incorporate.
- Add the chocolate chips and marshmallow bits in and using a spatula, mix to evenly incorporate.
- Grab the frozen marshmallows from the freezer and slice in half (if not already sliced). Using a large cookie scoop, scoop up about 3 Tbl of cookie dough.
- With damp hands, place the cookie dough into your hand and make an indent in the middle pressing the dough outwards.
- Place half of a frozen marshmallow into the cookie well/indent and then form the rest of the dough around the marshmallow, closing it up. Repeat until all of the dough is used up.
- Add the dough balls to the prepared baking sheet leaving 2″ apart. Bake for 11-14 minutes or until the cookie is set but still slightly soft. They will firm up while cooling.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the tray for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
Recipe yields 14-16 large cookies