- 650 grams (5 cups) Bread Flour
- 465 grams (2 cups less 2 tablespoon) warm water
- 14 grams kosher or sea salt
- 4 grams instant yeast (active dry or instant active dry)
- 108 grams (1/2 cup) olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 3–4 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese *optional
- To a large bowl or bucket with a lid, add the flour and salt. Using a Danish Dough Whisk (or wooden spoon) quickly whisk the ingredients together. Next, add the water and yeast. Using the whisk, mix it until it’s combined and forms a ‘shaggy’ dough. Just make sure that all the flour is incorporated. It will not be a smooth dough – that’s how it’s supposed to be.
- Cover with plastic wrap or place the lid on the bowl and set in a warm place overnight for at least 12 hours but no more than 24.
- To a 16×12 inch pan (or a rimmed half sheet pan ~18×11”) add half of the olive oil and spread it out so the bottom and sides are all coated. Sprinkle the sesame seeds evenly over top of the oil. Remove the bread from the bowl/bucket and, while in your hands, very gently form it into a rectangle (it’s okay if you have issues). Place the dough in the middle of the prepared pan and gently pull/stretch the dough out towards the edges. Do not force it to go into place, it will need to relax and will spread out while it rests.
- Lightly spray plastic wrap and place the sprayed sign on top of the dough covering it and the pan. Set aside in a warm, dry area to rise, ~1.5-2 hours.
- Once the dough is all puffy and fills up the pan (it may need a little nudge to get to the edges), preheat the oven, rack in the middle, to 450 F. While the oven is heating, uncover the dough, pour the rest of the oil over top and, using your fingertips, dimple the dough all over. Once fully dimpled, sprinkle on the garlic, everything bagel seasoning, and oregano. If using the grated cheese, sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 15-23 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the internal temperature is 200F.
- Remove from the oven and immediately remove the bread from the pan to a cooling rack.
- Store at room temperature in a loosely covered by foil/plastic wrap for up to 2 days. After that, slice and freeze in an airtight container for up to a month.
Time does not include overnight proofing