For the 5×15” flatbread pan
- 1 Simple Pizza Dough ball mixed through the first rise *see below plus optional 1/4 cup Buffalo sauce and 3 Tbl shredded carrots
- 1 Tbl canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Prepared Buffalo Sauce
- 2 cups steamed cauliflower florets
- 2 slices crispy cooked bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta crumbles
- 3/4 cup cubed mozzarella (or ~1 cup freshly shredded)
Ranch Seasoned Slaw
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1–2 Tbl olive oil
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 Tbl Buttermilk Ranch Seasoning
Simple Pizza Dough – this makes 2 dough balls
- 1 packet platinum instant yeast (2 1/4 tsp or 1/3 of a 2-ounce block (so .66 ounces of cake yeast)
- ~350 grams of water or 1 1/2 cups * if using the same day use warm water(105-115 degrees F/40-46 degrees C). If fermenting overnight in the fridge use cold water
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/8 cup olive oil (about 2 Tbl)
- ~475 grams or 3 – 3 1/2 cups 00 Pizza flour or any high gluten bread flour, plus extra as needed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- optional 1/4 cup Buffalo sauce and 3 Tbl shredded carrots *If using, increase the flour by 34 grams or ~1/4 cup
Simple Pizza Dough
- Proof the yeast by pouring the yeast and sugar into the water in a bowl of your stand mixer and gently stir until the yeast dissolves. *Cake yeast you make have to break up with your fingers
- Let the yeast and water stand until foamy, about 5 minutes*. If using cold water, just mix and move to the next step as the yeast won’t quite bloom with cold water.
- Once the yeast has bloomed, add in the flour and fit your mixer with a dough hook. Mix on low just until loosely combined. Add in the salt (*If using, add in the carrots and 1/4 cup buffalo sauce now) while the mixer is running stopping if need be to scrape down the sides. After 3 minutes of mixing, drizzle in the oil.
- Mix until a soft, smooth elastic ball form; ~8-10 minutes. The dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl but still be wet/tacky to the touch. If needed, add a Tbl of flour or so to help combine. If it’s too dry, you may need to add a few Tbl of water. Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a very lightly floured surface. Give it a few kneads to form the dough into a smooth ball tucking the ‘ends’ underneath.
- Allow the dough to rest, covered for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, using very lightly floured hands, knead the dough gently by hand just to smooth it out and divide it into smaller portions. If using the same day, divide the dough in half, shape as balls, and put in 2 separate bowls (covered), and allow to rise until doubled in size; about 60-90 minutes. If you’re placing it in the fridge, divide it into 2 equal-sized balls, and place it in 2 bowls covered with plastic wrap (just be sure it has enough room to rise), and refrigerate (covered) overnight. The slow cold rise will help build the flavors.
Make The Ranch Seasoned Slaw
- Before stretching the pizza dough, add the slaw ingredients to a bowl, mix, cover, and allow rest for at least 15 minutes.
Stretch The Pizza
- Once the dough has doubled in size, pan the dough. *Bring one of the dough balls to room temperature if it was in the fridge before using it. If you’re making 2 pizzas, bring both to room temperature
- Add the canola oil to the flatbread pizza pan and, using a pastry brush, brush the bottom and sides with the canola oil.
- Place the dough ball on a lightly floured board and stretch out to a 12-13″x3-5″ rectangle. it’s OK if it doesn’t stretch out first. You just want to stretch it out into a rectangle.
- Place the lightly stretched dough into the oiled pizza pan and gently press it out towards the edges as much as possible without ripping it. If the dough springs back it’s ok. Cover the pan and dough with sprayed plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to an hour or until the dough has puffed and spread out more towards the edges.
- Preheat the oven to 550F placing the rack on the lower third of the oven with a pizza stone on it. Add one more rack to the upper third. As the oven is heating up, uncover the pizza, and gently push the dough out towards the edges of the flatbread pan.
Top & Bake The Pizza
- Add half of the feta and mozzarella. If using, add the bacon. Top with the steamed cauliflower, drizzle on the buffalo sauce, and the rest of the cheese.
- Place the flatbread pan on the pizza stone (lower third rack) and bake for 7-9 minutes or until the crust has turned golden brown. Move the pizza to the upper rack if the cheese has not melted and allow to bake for 1 minute more.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- Add on the ranch seasoned slaw and cut with a Pizza Rocker (it’s the easiest) and serve.
*Prep time does not include making the pizza dough
- Stretch the dough out to cover the whole pan, top the pizza, and bake.