- 1 Ready to use Pizza Dough Ball
- 1 cup each freshly shredded cheddar and mozzarella
- 1 cup thick baked beans with a few Tbl of sauce
- 2 hot dogs, sliced into rounds or on an angle about 1/4” thick
- 15–20 thawed Tater Tots *if a crispier tot is desired, partially bake per the package instructions for 10 minutes
- Place one rack on the lower third of your oven. On that place a pizza stone. It’s recommended you use 2 when you bake pizza. Place another rack on the upper ledge and place the 2nd pizza stone there. Preheat the oven to 500 F or 550 F (highest setting).
- On a pizza peel, sprinkle it with bench flour (See post). You will need it to help slide the pizza off. Place your stretched pizza dough.
- Stretch the pizza into a 12″ circle leaving what’s called the ‘cornicione’ or raised rim of the pizza. You’re pushing the air towards the top edge leaving about a 1/4-1/2″ rim. This what will puff up and give you that airy crust.
- Add on half of the cheese mixture, followed by the baked beans. If your sauce is thin, only add a little bit (or thicken it on the stovetop) before drizzling on. A thinner sauce will cause the pizza to be soggy.
- Add the sliced hot dogs on top and then add the partially cooked tater tots (you don’t have to pre-cook them but they do have to be thawed).
- Add the rest of the cheese as that’s what’s needed to help “glue” it all together when you put the dough into the oven.
- Working quickly, open the oven door and set the tip of the pizza peel near the back of the stone. Pull the pizza peel toward you, letting the pizza slide onto the stone. Quickly close the door.
- Bake your pizza for 8-9 minutes, turning halfway through baking using the pizza peel.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and place it on a pizza pan or a large cutting board.
- Slice and ENJOY! If desired drizzle on some extra baked bean sauce before serving
*Time does not include making or resting the dough