- 24 Madeleines *This will vary based on the size of your trifle dish
- 16 ounces of whipped topping *can go up to 20 ounces if you want more topping
- 3 cups strawberry reduction sauce *see post how to make it from scratch
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced in 1/4″ slices
- To the bottom of your trifle dish, add 1/3rd of your whipped topping taking it almost to the edge.
- Next, take one madeleine at a time and place the smaller end just on the outside of the whipped topping standing up. It’s okay if some of it ‘rests’ in the whipped topping.
- Carefully go around the walls of the pan standing each one up. You’ll adjust how many you need based on the size of your trifle bowl. I highly recommend doing this in a straight-walled trifle dish if possible.
- Take half of your strawberry reduction and spread it over top of the whipped topping. Top with another layer of madeleines. It’s OK that you see some of the layers below. Carefully spread another 1/3rd of the whipped topping overtop.
- Add a layer of fresh strawberries. Add the rest of the madeleines, whipped topping, and the rest of the strawberry reduction.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours up to overnight.
*Time does not include chilling time
This serves 12-15 easily as my trifle bowl was huge.