- 12 cloves of garlic, smashed and peels removed
- 1 Tbl kosher salt
- Mince your garlic to make it easier to make the paste.
- To a cutting board, add the kosher salt to the chopped garlic. The salt will help the garlic to release its juices.
- Next rub the side of the knife against the chopped garlic, crushing and mashing the garlic against the cutting board.
- As you crush and scrape the garlic, you’ll be smearing the garlic across the board.
- The garlic will make crunching noises as you crush it.
- Scrape up the smeared garlic from the cutting board to gather it together.
- Continue to chop and smear until the garlic reaches a mashed up, paste-like consistency, as is as chopped up as you want it to be