- 1 sheet thawed Puff Pastry
- 18–24 grilled asparagus (pencil thickness is best) *see note if not grilling
- 12 pieces assorted salami
- 6 heaping Tablespoons Garlic & Herb cheese spread
- 12 pieces of smoked gouda (pieces should be 1/4” in thickness when cutting off of a brick of cheese)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 pinches of Falksalt Smoke Salt Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425F, rack in the middle. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut it into 6 even pieces.
- To the middle of each piece add 2 slices of salami followed by 1 heaping Tablespoon of the garlic & herb cheese spread, 3-4 grilled asparagus, and 2 slices of smoked gouda.
- Lift two opposite corners of the puff pastry squares up and over one another, sealing it around the filling. Pinch/press to seal the two corners together.
- Transfer the bundles to the prepared pan spreading them out evenly. Brush each puff pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle each with a pinch of the Falksalt Smoke Salt Flakes
- Bake until golden brown and puffed, ~15-20 minutes. When done, remove from the oven and serve immediately or transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container.
If you do not want to grill the asparagus, you can:
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil/parchment. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on the pan and roast them at 400F for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Bring a large enough pan filled with an inch or two of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the water and immediately plunge them into an ice bath to halt the cooking. Once cooled, drain and pat dry. For added flavor, coat with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.