- 1 18.5 ounce box Brownie Mix (no add-ins)
- 3 Xl eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract *omit if you do not have
- 1/4 cup dried mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped chocolate
- 3–4 (1/2-cup sized) scoops of Edy’s/Dreyer’s The Original Rocky Road ice cream
- 3–4 (1/2-cup sized) scoops of Edy’s/Dreyer’s Brownie Brick Road ice cream
Make the Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9×13” baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment leaving ‘wings’ to allow for easy lifting.
- Empty the contents of the brownie mix into a bowl. Add in the eggs, canola oil, buttermilk, espresso powder, cocoa powder, sea salt, and chocolate extract. Whisk until well blended. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the dried marshmallows into a single, long row. Leave the next row as-is (if desired) and to the last row, sprinkle on the chopped chocolate. Bake for ~17-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean with a few crumbs.
- Place on a cooling rack until cool. Once cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours if not overnight.
- The next day, cut the brownies into 18 pieces or fewer pieces if you want bigger ice cream sandwiches.
Assemble the Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Allow the Edy’s/Dreyer’s Original Rocky Road and Brownie Brick Road Ice Cream to soften enough to get a scoop that is soft enough to press down onto the brownie.
- For the Edy’s/Dreyer’s Original Rocky Road Ice Cream, grab 3-4 brownie marshmallow pieces and add a scoop of the ice cream. Immediately place a top on and wrap with parchment or wax paper. This will make 3-4 sandwiches (one side will be marshmallows and the other side may be the plain).
- For the Edy’s/Dreyer’s Brownie Brick Road, grab 3-4 brownie pieces with the chocolate and add a scoop of the ice cream. Immediately place a top on and wrap with parchment or wax paper. This will make 3-4 sandwiches (one side will be marshmallows and the other side may be the plain).
- If you have leftover plain brownie pieces, add either ice cream or a little bit of both. Wrap with parchment or wax paper.
- Place the brownie ice cream sandwiches in the freezer until firm then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag. Enjoy as desired.
*Time does not include refrigerating the brownies