- 8 large tomatoes
- 6 Tomatillos, shells removed
- 1 large red onion
- 2 Jalapenos
- 6–9 Banana peppers
- 4 Cajun bell peppers (or 1 large bell or 2 poblanos)
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 limes
- Preheat the oven to 475 F, line a full-size sheet pan with foil and set aside.
- Halve the tomatoes and tomatillos and place them on the pan. Slice the onions into 1/4″ slices, and spread on the pan.
- Halve the peppers (remove the flesh and seeds if desired). Place on the pan. Sprinkle the garlic all over along with the salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers have charred slightly and the veggies are soft.
- Remove from the oven and if needed, transfer half of the veggies into a blender along with half of the cilantro and lime juice. Place a cover loosely ensuring that it is vented to allow steam to release and process to desired consistency. If needed, repeat and blend the 2 batches together.
- Place in containers and serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
This will make ~8 cups of salsa. This depends on how much your process it.