- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 1 /3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 9 tablespoon unsalted butter, very soft
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl add all of the streusel ingredients EXCEPT the butter and mix to combine. Add in the very soft butter and with either clean hands or a fork, press the butter into the oat mixture until it forms clumps and coated crumbs.
- Use it on your favorite fruit dessert, cookie, quick bread, or muffins.
- To bake as pieces, preheat the oven to 325F and line a rimmed baking pan with parchment. Place the streusel in a single layer, and bake until golden brown or about 25 minutes. Let it cool completely in the sheet pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, break it up into small pieces. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
This can be made 1 day in advance. Simply make, place in an air-tight container, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.