- 1 4-pound whole chicken, cleaned
- 1 12-ounce can of Sierra Nevada Hazy IPA or beer of choice
- 1 orange, peeled
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 Tablespoons Big Green Egg Citrus & Herb seasoning
- Olive oil for drizzling, roughly 3 Tablespoons
- 1 shallot peeled and sliced
- 6 medium Red potatoes
- 6 larger Brussels sprouts
- Light up your grill. Once the coals have caught and have stayed lit, place the convEGGtor, and legs up into the grill, and place a grate on top. You want to grill this for indirect heat. Heat the grill up to 350°F.
- While the grill is heating up, pour the beer (3/4 of it) into the ceramic roaster and put it in the metal drip pan. To the roaster add the orange and thyme.
- Place the chicken over the roaster and push it down in place so the chicken stands up. Liberally coat the chicken with seasonings. Add the veggies to the bottom of the pan and drizzle the chicken & veggies with the olive oil. Pour the remaining beer into the pan with the veggies.
- Place the chicken on the grill, close the lid, and roast for 1.5 hours or until the internal temp is 165°.
- Remove the chicken/pan/chicken roaster from the egg, tent the chicken loosely for 10 minutes then carefully remove the chicken from the roaster and carve.