- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup minced sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Steak Seasoning
- 5 slices wheat/white bread, torn
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, divided
- Preheat the YS640 Smoker to 240F.
- To a bowl, add the torn bread and the milk. Gently press the bread into the milk. Allow to set for 5 minutes. This is known as the panade
- To a different large bowl, add the beef, pork, eggs, onion, garlic, parsley, steak seasoning, panade (milk/bread), and 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce). Gently mix until combined. Do not over mix as the meatloaf will be tough.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper (at this point you can also add a cooling rack inside the pan as well if desired). Using damp hands, form the meatloaf(meatloaves). You want the meatloaf/meatloaves to be snug/compact and hold the shape.
- Place onto the pan/cooling rack. Place the whole tray into the smoker, top rack. After 30 minutes, baste the meatloaf/meatloaves. Continue doing this every 30 minutes until the internal temp reads 165F. Depending on your smoker and the size of your meatloaf/loaves this can take 2-4 hours.
- Remove from the smoker, allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.