- 1 lb cavatappi pasta
- 3 cups water
- 3.5 cups heavy cream
- 1/2–1 whole hatch chile, de-seeded and minced
- 1/2–3/4 cup fresh or flash-frozen corn
- 1/3 cup crispy bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup Spicy Southwest Cheese Sauce Mix
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded white cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup crema
- To a large pot, add the water, cream, pasta, hatch chile, corn, and bacon. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the Hoosier Hill Spicy Southwest Cheese Sauce Mix and mix to combine. Boil for 11 minutes (or what your pasta package says), stirring frequently.
- When the pasta is done, remove from the heat and add the cheese in slowly, stirring as you add it in. Once it’s fully in, taste and add in the salt, and pepper if needed. Drizzle on the crema and stir gently.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.