- 1 Round Bread Loaf
- ½ pound of mozzarella slices cut into 1” squares
- ½ pound of provolone slices cut into 1” squares
- 50–60 pieces of pepperoni (this will depend on the size of your bread)
- 5–6 tablespoon of butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon pizza seasoning or 1 teaspoon garlic powder + 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut your bread in 1” increments both horizontally and vertically being sure to NOT cut all the way through. Essentially leave a ¼” of the bread connected on the bottom. Think of how a ‘bloomin onion looks’
- Place the cut loaf in a big sheet of aluminum foil.
- Insert a piece of cheese and pepperoni into every cut section. Alternate the cheeses – by doing this will allow the cheese, when it melts to blend.
- Mix the melted butter with the pizza seasoning.
- Drizzle the blend all over the bread trying to get some into each cut section. If you feel that it’s too dry (as you may have a huge round loaf of bread) mix up more butter/seasoning mixture. You don’t want it soaked but want to ensure that each section has some of the mixture.
- Wrap the bread completely in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle on the grated parmesan, drizzle with the oil and bake 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is golden and crusty.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping!