- 3lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped small
- 3/4 cup red peppers, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces beer (I used Heineken)
- 4 cups of thick bbq sauce – I use either Bacon BBQ Sauce or Sticky Honey BBQ Sauce
- Add onions, garlic and peppers down in the crockpot.
- Lay chicken on top.
- Sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add beer and barbecue sauce.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or ~8 hours on low.
- After 4 (or 8) hours, take out the chicken, shred the chicken and put back into the crock put.
- Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes, uncovered, as the shredded meat will absorb the sauce.
Ideas for this:
– Serve on a bun with coleslaw or cheese
– nachos with shredded cheddar
– on a bbq pizza with bacon and onions
– a fork 🙂