- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cool water
- 1/8 teaspoon instant yeast
For the Starter
- In small bowl, combine the flour, water, and yeast
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 8 hours, or overnight
Make the Dough For the Pizza
- In the bowl of your mixer or the bucket of your bread machine, combine the starter, water, semolina, yeast, and olive oil, stirring until the mixture is smooth
- Add the flour, salt, cheese, and parsley, and mix until a soft dough forms. Knead the dough for 6 to 8 minutes until it’s smooth and passes the window pane test.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with greased plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled, 45 minutes
- After the dough has risen, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 8 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 10 minutes while you heat up the clean grill (can be outdoor grill or indoor grill pan).
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Make the Grilled Flatbread Pizza
- Roll the balls of dough to any shape as long as it’s about about 1/4″ thick.
- Brush one side of the dough with some olive oil, and place it on a medium-hot section of the grill.
- Brush the top of the dough with olive oil.
- After 2 minutes, give the dough a quarter turn without flipping it over to make nice diamond-shaped grill marks.
- Cook another 2 minutes, flip the dough over.
- Working fast, spread on enough pizza sauce to coat the flatbread almost to the ends (leave a 1/2” space).
- Cover with cheese and toppings.
- Cover with pie tin and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is cooked.