So the other day I wanted to make some grilled flatbreads since I was tired of being lazy and buying them.
Well I had 4 rounds left and then it hit me… Grilled Flatbread Pizzas!
People seriously these were so fantastic that I wish I had more dough on hand to make another batch for us. Mr. Fantabulous and I were fighting over the last piece 🙂
This uses the same dough and method as the Grilled Flatbreads recipe I posted the other day but it’s slightly different when you make pizza.
This is a great way to involve the kids and let them have their own pizza with whatever they want on it!
With Halloween coming up, these would be perfect party food! You can whip up a boatload of these in no time. Plus Football Season is in full gear right now (Go Steelers!) so these would be awesome for game day snacks!
Grilled Flatbread Pizza
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cool water
- 1/8 teaspoon instant yeast
For the Starter
- In small bowl, combine the flour, water, and yeast
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 8 hours, or overnight
Make the Dough For the Pizza
- In the bowl of your mixer or the bucket of your bread machine, combine the starter, water, semolina, yeast, and olive oil, stirring until the mixture is smooth
- Add the flour, salt, cheese, and parsley, and mix until a soft dough forms. Knead the dough for 6 to 8 minutes until it’s smooth and passes the window pane test.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with greased plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled, 45 minutes
- After the dough has risen, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 8 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 10 minutes while you heat up the clean grill (can be outdoor grill or indoor grill pan).
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Make the Grilled Flatbread Pizza
- Roll the balls of dough to any shape as long as it’s about about 1/4″ thick.
- Brush one side of the dough with some olive oil, and place it on a medium-hot section of the grill.
- Brush the top of the dough with olive oil.
- After 2 minutes, give the dough a quarter turn without flipping it over to make nice diamond-shaped grill marks.
- Cook another 2 minutes, flip the dough over.
- Working fast, spread on enough pizza sauce to coat the flatbread almost to the ends (leave a 1/2” space).
- Cover with cheese and toppings.
- Cover with pie tin and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is cooked.
Leave a Comment & Review